Choose destination in Karnataka
Kemmangundi is a hill station is located at Tarikere taluk of Chikmagalur district. This picturesque hill station is situated at a height of 1434 meters above sea level. Kemmangundi is also known as Sri Krishnarajendra Hill Station. This was the summer retreat of Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV.
Delighted by the beauty of the surroundings Baba Budan Hills, Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV was inspired to build his summer resort at Kemmangundi. He then donated the property to the Government of Karnataka. The Department of Horticulture now develops and maintains the station and its surroundings.
Kemmangundi has beautiful laid gardens, magnificent mountain ranges and superb valleys, excellent visual treat for the tourists. The main attractions at Kemmangundi are Raj Bhavan (a Guest House), Z point and the Rose garden maintained by the Horticultural Department. One should not miss the spectacular sunset view from Raj Bhavan.
Accommodation is available at Kemmangundi and Kalhatti village.
You can also book the accommodation at.
Director of Horticulture,
Places to visit around Kemmangundi
Distance from Kemmangundi
- Kalhatti Falls is about 10 km from Kemmangundi. It is located on a deviation on the road from Kemmangundi to Tarikere. Kalhatti Falls is also known as Kallathigiri water falls. According to the legend this place is associated with sage Agastya. Here, Water cascades down from a height of 122 meters amidst fascinating scenery.
- Hebbe Falls: Just 8 kms away from Kemmannugundi is Hebbe water falls where water streams down from a height of 168 meters in two stages to form Dodda Hebbe (Big Falls) and Chikka Hebbe (Small Falls).
- Baba Budangiri Range is one of the highest mountain peaks between the Himalayas and the Nilgiris. Peaks in the Baba Budan Giri Range include Mullayanagiri (1930 meters) and Baba Budan Giri (1895 meters). The peak, Baba Budan Giri is named after the Muslim saint Baba Budan.
Chikmagalur: 55 km
Tarikere: 35 km
Kadur: 80 km
Mangalore: 190 km
Bangalore: 275 km
Reaching Kemmangundi from Bangalore
1. Bangalore - Tumkur - Tiptur - Arasikere - Kadur - Kemmangundi (300 Km)
2. Bangalore - Tumkur - Tiptur - Arasikere - Tarikere - Kemmangundi (270 km)
3. Bangalore - Kunigal - Hassan - Belur - Chikmagalur - Kemmangundi (330 km)
Nearest Airport: Mangalore
Nearest Railhead: Tarikere
Please send us your enquiry and we will respond within 24 to 48 hours.